Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Last Night

I was lying in bed last night holding the hand of my eight year old niece as she was trying her best to fall asleep despite the fact that she was shaking in fear. She had convinced herself that we were surrounded by ghosts. But as I held her small hand in mine, i suddenly had a flashback...
.
I was on a plane, crying uncontrollably. I remember the feeling vividly but everything else was fuzzy. I remember feeling that my heart just a little bit more that day. It was as if I was holding my heart and saw that the cracks in it just got a little bit bigger. I had just left New York then. I was on my way back to my country. But the person that mattered most to me I left behind. There was a girl sitting next to me looking, or maybe she was saying it, that whatever it was it couldn't be that bad. You see, it wasn't just anyone I left behind. It was my mom. The thing that I'm still trying to figure out to this day is who left who.

No comments: