Saturday, July 28, 2007

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

Yes. The time has finally come. In exactly ten days from now I'm taking off to a new country and a new job. Well, it's nothing really glamorous but the pay is good.
.
There's just so much to think about. I haven't even started packing! I'm giving up my apartment so you can just imagine the amount of packing that needs to get done. It's quite alright though since when I have nothing to do I just imagine how and where to put my things. Now if I could just get off my ass and actually do it that would be great!
.
The thing that's bothering me the most I guess is that I literally don't know when I'll be back again. So I start out with a 5 month consultancy contract then I decide what to do with my life then. But if I were brutally honest with myself, I'm hesitating because of a certain person. Aww, shit! What to do? What to do? Nothing is forever I know but here I am dragging my feet when I knew from the start that this is just going nowhere...
.
Anyway, yes! I'm going to a place that's known to have cannibals. And since I consider myself on the yummy side I just might be in over my head. Goodluck to me! Who would've known that a country with cannibals would hire me as a consultant huh? But it's a step-up for my career really. And if they decide that they don't like my work then it's really no big loss unless they decide to eat me. Hahaha! Seriously though, I don't think I'm actually going to encounter cannibals but as I say, never get yourself in situations you can't get out of. (Yes people! That includes relationships!)

No comments: