Saturday, January 24, 2009

Events

I'm now back in weird country of Papua New Guinea. With more responsibilities, more problems and with more stresses albeit with more pay, I can't exactly say that I've got a happy state of mind. In just a few days, I need to make a presentation to the whole team and maybe a few government officials about the details of my job. Although I'm not the only one with this daunting task, I feel that I'm going to have to stand there and prove to my boss that I deserved that raise.

Having been here for almost two years now, I can finally say that I'm starting to feel more comfortable with my environment. I can't say that I've fully adjusted, and I don't think I'll ever adjust. Still, it's a good job with great pay and I like some of the people I work with. Keyword: some. But you wanna know a secret? Even with the great benefits and all the travel oppurtunities, I still have moments where I ask myself is this it? is it enough? and what next? I guess figuring out what you really want out of life is never easy.

No comments: