Tuesday, March 03, 2009

de-Tagged

Ok so I've been tagged by Hitori a long time ago and as much as I've been wanting to do it, it actually took me a 48 years to get it done. I'm telling you, procrastination will be my downfall. To be fair though, I'm in the middle of a two-week workshop so I'm extremely busy. But between preparing for my presentations and having tons of side-meetings, thinking of random things about myself has been at the back of mind. Although laos na tong tag na to, I actually found it quite intriguing since I've never really took the time to take note of my quirks.

So here goes.

1. Post these rules. 2. Post ten random facts/habits about yourself. 3. Choose ten people to tag and list their names.

10 Random Things About Me:

1. I don't like earphones. I don't like the feeling that I can't hear what's going on. It got worse after that incident at MIT, there was a shootout and some students didn't even know that people were dying. So needless to say, I've got an ipod with over 3,000 songs and I hardly ever get to use it unless it's on speakers.

2. I get turned off by inanities such as "poh," "eow," and "aq." I'm a firm believer that texting ruins your spelling and vocabulary which is why I take the time to spell the whole word. Even if it means I have to spend more time and money.

3. Chewing with matching slurps and sounds absolutely drives me up the wall. I just hate it. If you chew that way in front of me, it would take all my powers not to say something rude. Whenever it happens I try to tune the other person out but I still hate it. All my friends chew properly.

4. I have mood swings which are like fungal infection, the best way to aggravate it is by scratching it. It's better left ignored. It's not about you. If it is, the more you can't do anything about it.

5. I can't stand hypocrisy. I don't care about your genealogy, ethnicity, or your curriculum vitae. Intelligence and wealth are like underwear: if you have it, don't flaunt it. If you do, shame shame.

6. I am proudly independent. I only do things when I want to. I don't ask permission for my pleasures. I moved out the day I graduated and have vowed to myself to never move back in. Probably why my life revolves around work. And probably why I'm still single.

7. I knew I was independent as early as I can remember. When I was a kid, all my Barbie's had their own condo, car and they travelled the world. Ken, unfortunately was always a boyfriend and never a husband.

8. At work, I'm the only girl in a team of 10. Although I'm fiercely independent, secretly I like the fact I don't have to lift a finger when it comes to chores. Aside from being the only girl, I'm also the youngest.

9. I'm not exactly superstitious. But every New Year's Eve, you'll see me jumping up and down. I don't actually believe I will grow taller, but you never know. Who knows? I believe that anything's possible so maybe a few more years of jumping on New Year's Eve, my 5'5 frame will be 5'7. Hah!

10. I love to sleep. My bed is my zen, sleeping is my zen. Which is why a lot of effort is put into getting the right kind of sheets and making sure I have enough pillows and a comfy blanket. My bed is the only witness to my life. Goodness, if my bed could talk...hahaha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hah!!! The call has finally been answered! LOL. Good for you!

Aren't "me-me's" fun?

cge poh miz u nuh. eon.

*dies*

Lost said...

Laveeht!!!