Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Touch & Go (Part 1)

.
There truly comes a time in a person's life when you realize that life is indeed just touch and go.
.
We try to look back at the things that happened in our past and reminisce the intricate web of relationships we've had with people. Then in the middle of daydreaming, we would stop and ask ourselves, "Where are they now?" It's funny when you think about it, that at one point in your life you have been really close with a person you always thought you knew very well inside out. The next thing you know, you don't even have the slightest clue on what's going on with that person anymore. Or if they even think of you still. Funny. Yes. Funny but sad at the same time. It's a fact that no man is an island. People are social beings and they need to interact with others in order to survive. I am a person; therefore I am a social being. I loved being with people. I loved making friends. And most of all, I love getting into different sorts of relationships, touching lives and being touched by them in the process.
.
Yes, I was socially inclined. and I still am, but now just in a downgraded fashion. I suddenly found myself, turning down invitations to gimmicks or parties, whereas I used to be always game. I guess as time passes by, it seems to get harder and harder to involve yourself with just anybody, may it be a new acquaintance, a new friend, or a new love interest. I guess experience teaches you that. But some people just never learn. Well, I learned my lesson.
.
I started learning at the tender age of ten. While all the other kids my age don't even care about anything else but playtime, that young I was forced to grow up immaturely. Learning the painful way that not all people are to be trusted. They may seem good to you and you may think they know better, but I realized that that doesn't really matter. Because when you know better, consequently, you know worse. And people can take advantage of the better to do the worse. With that known, I never trusted anybody but myself. So much so that when I interact with people, I always have my guard up, thinking at the back of my head that they always have a hidden agenda in mind.
.
True enough, I guess people always have hidden agendas when dealing with others. Maybe they just don't realize it, or maybe they just do it subconsciously. And I admit I am like that too. But as I grew, I learned that not all these hidden agendas are bad. They can work to your benefit, and that usually happens both ways. That's how relationships should work, right? Sadly though, they almost always never work that way. And if that's not bad enough, they end up in a mess.
.
to be continued..

1 comment:

why I am me ? said...

I agree with you. I admire your view you have on philosophy of life, love and relationships.