Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Touch & Go (Part 2)

.
Yes, the end is always inevitable. That's also one thing I learned, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows this too. Yet we still continue to start new relationships that we know will have their finales, one way or another. It's one of those never-ending cycles of life that we have to learn how to deal with. Like I said, people are social beings.Relationships are essential to one's survival.
.
So how does one deal with the end of a relationship? It's quite simple actually. You just have to go on living your life like you've always had before you entered it. Anyway, you have survived all these years prior to it, right? It's just that simple! But in reality, it's always easier said than done.
.
Once I was in this relationship, which I knew could never be, thinking that if I knew what's going to happen, I'd already know what to do. So when the time for closure comes, it would be a lot easier to deal with because I am prepared. Well, it ended all right, as expected. But what I didn't expect was what happened in between, and the sadness that comes after it. Oh, and don't forget the memories. those damn memories, so overwhelming, it haunted me every second of every day. for a while that is. After some time, I guess you could say I was back to normal. But for me, everything else became different then.
.
They say time heals all wounds. I say that's nothing but hypocritical bull' that we just say to ourselves to create this illusion that we've moved on with our lives and that we're better off now than before. But if you think about it, when you remember old times, it brings back the pain and the sadness that you once had, especially for those people who like to cling to the past. Then comes the what-ifs and what-could've-beens, which makes you hope that you can bring back the past, or make you wish that you shouldn't have let it happen in the first place. Ah yes. Regrets. Now that's adding insult to injury. It is for this reason that people are afraid to enter a relationship again. For the most part, it is because it's something that they are always afraid to lose. I should know`cause I was that kind of person. I was such a sentimental fool.
.
Time heals all wounds. I used to believe in that too. But as I continue learning, I finally believed otherwise. Time can only make you wiser. not to mention older (and I hated that fact). It's like the scab that protects the wound as it heals. But once scratched off, the wound bleeds again, and the cut grows even deeper. If anything, I believe it is love. Yes LOVE, not time, which heals all wounds. If you believe that you have the capacity to love again (and I'm not just speaking of romantic love), that's the only time you'll know you're completely healed. When you learn the value of true love, you will never be afraid to touch more lives and you can go on living amidst the scars that you've gotten from your past. When that happens, and you try to reminisce those intricate relationships you've had with people, you'd just find it all as funny. and that's all there is to it.
.
Life they say is touch and go. In life, we'll always be in and out of relationships with people... people who could be there for only some time. Some of them might stray. But most of them will eventually go away.
.
But remember this: Only those people who truly love you who will always try to find ways to stay. I guess I still am a sentimental fool after all.

3 comments:

why I am me ? said...

Simply pouring down once thought direct from heart. Wonderful philosophy. I am your fan from now on.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lost said...
This comment has been removed by the author.