Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Are you kidding me?!

I spent the weekend at my grandmothers' house. It's funny, it never fails, each time I spend the weekend I end up having to watch those freaking Koreanovelas. I swear there are hundreds of them! I start out protesting and bitching about how I hate having to watch those but somehow in the end I get coerced into watching. And of course, smart girl that I am, I have to know what happens in the end!
.
It's like reading a book, you can't just start in the middle (just in time for the climax) and not know how it ends. I'm just not going to be able to stop thinking about it, I won't be able to sleep till someone tells me what happens to xiaun yu or kim yu bin or whoever the hell the freak it is! Damn those shows. I'm telling you it's like a cult or something.
.
What really gets to me is that my grandmother just doesn't see that it's just like any other soap, she actually thinks that the soaps are a cut above and the rest of the world pirates their stories from the koreans. Hah! For your information, just like any other soap, korean soaps have the usual drama, suicide, adultery and get this, all kinds of cancer. One needed a bone marrow transplant, the other had cancer of the stomach while the other had Lukemia. It's just so bloody depressing.
.
So yes, my weekend was just so productive I could kill myself. Yet who am I kidding? I may complain all I want and still I get sucked into this viscious cycle of korean soaps. I just have to finish them right? Argh! Great, just great. I'm personally responsible for driving myself crazy!

No comments: