Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Faith

As I was flipping thru the channels last night, Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraw were guests of Oprah.
.
I was thinking that despite they're celebrity status they seem to come off as the real deal. And in this day and age being 'real' is something of a big deal.
.
I remember Oprah saying that people were in awe of them as they inspire hope, hope that relationships can work out. For someone like me, it seems hope is all there is. That and faith.
.
I grew up in a family that never really put much stock in relationships, at least not enough to make it last, being happily married is nothing but an oxymoron. The thing is, not having good examples growing up doesn't exactly inspire confidence in relationships. (Probably why I suck at them big time!) Now, there isn't really any tangible proof that I'm screwed up, you just have to take my word for it really. Yet, I realized that I have been trying to cope by looking at outside sources to stand as my inspiration, that I have been psycho-analyzing every decision I make, decisions that over people make even. And as I continue watching the Oprahs and Faith Hill of this world, I can't hlp but wonder whether I'm going in the right direction.
.
Who knows right? Oh well.

No comments: