Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Whales!

My best friend and I attended one of those hoity toity fundraisers for coral reefs conservation. It was ok, the best part was that the wine was free flowing but other than that it was pretty obvious that the organizer was an amature at these things. Actually I know this for a fact since we work in the same office and they're my friends. Haha!
.
The best part about this event I guess was that my bestfriend and I won some stuff. Okay, I won the grand prize and she won a free 3 day stay at one of the high end resorts. Yes, I won the grand prize. I know, I don't sound very enthusiastic about it. Well...it's not that I don't like it. Hey, it's free so that alone is something that makes me happy. What exactly did I win? Well, I won an all expense paid trip for 2 to go diving with whale sharks. The clincher here is that the prize also includes the service of an underwater video photographer. This would be great since she's going to be filming my trip ala MTv style and she's supposedly really good. The only thing that's bothering me is that my prize is not valid till March next year and well, let's face it, I'm not exactly known for long term planning or long-term anything for that matter.
.
But hey, I won the grand prize! I've never won first prize for anything so this is for the books. I'm happy to be able to go diving again as I haven't gone in awhile. I'm just going to have to find the courage to approach these whales so goodluck to me! Overall though, I'm glad we got to go. Not only did the coral reefs benefit from us, but we benefitted from them as well. God save the coral reefs!

No comments: