Thursday, July 06, 2006

Ignorance

Someone once said that ignorance was bliss. Hmm, I don’t know about you but I’m with the dude that said information is power.
.
I watched the documentary directed by Michael Moore the other day and it astounds me just how ignorance of a person is just as bad as an incurable disease.
.
Don’t get me wrong, I come from a country where corruption is simply laughed at. So there really is no use for the pot to call the kettle black. But seriously, it amazes me how conscience is simply a word of the past.
.
In my line of work I’ve met a lot of foreigners. Some of them are nice while the others make me wonder if they were ever loved by their mothers. Occasionally I would meet someone who thinks that we still live in trees. I like to laugh at their face and at their ignorance. I pity them sometimes. Other times I think that it’s mainly ignorance that brings countries to war.

.
Do you think if people just paid more attention to their government, the United States would be at war right now? Maybe, but maybe they would be at war with the right people. And maybe, just maybe lives wouldn’t be lost for nothing.

No comments: