Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Friend

“Friends interested in each other at the soul level do not simply look at each other’s lives and listen to each other’s intentions and explanations. They look at this third thing that is the soul, and in that mutual gaze they find and sustain their friendship.”
.
I've been procrastinating over this for a few days now. Trying to figure out a way to face up to how I feel and trying to find the courage to voice it out.
.
You see, my best friend for 10 years is getting married. Though it's not unheard of, I’m not really happy about it. I know, what kind of a selfish bitch am I?!
.
I can probably give you a million reasons why I think she shouldn't get married…But really, is it really about her? or is it just about me? Instead of bitching about it let me tell you a little bit about this friend of mine…
.
She's Patient, you have to be to be able to put up with my crap. We've only had a few disagreements (if I can even call it that) but mostly it's my fault really. You see, I can be such a drama queen sometimes that even I irritate the hell out of myself.
.
She's great with kids. Yes people, she's a teacher. I have to admit that not a lot of people give a great deal of respect to this profession but seeing her dedication has brought a new light to it.
.
She's passionate. Ok, you have to be to be able to work with children every single day of your life. Remember all those four letter words? (not the rude ones people!) She's an expert at those.
.
Faith. She’s one of those people who’s faith in God is so strong that she doesn’t have to brag about it. She’s the person I run to when I need prayers coz you’re sure that he will listen to her.
.
She never preaches. You see, I’m weary of people who brags about their faith then turn out to be hypocrites. It's one of my major disappointments in life yet she never pushes, she simply understands.
.
She has a great sense of humor. (though sometimes really corny!) They say you can tell how smart a person is by their sense of humor. I mean where can you ever find someone who would voluntarily associate themself with the bananas in pyjamas duo?!
.
She over analyzes. Ok that’s not exactly a good thing, but in my book that’s good. That means you’re smart and you’re not a pushover and that’s exactly how she is.
.
I can probably enumerate a million good qualities about her. Maybe you'll get it and maybe you won't. The important thing is I do, I get it. She's my best friend and I love her. She’s the sister I never had. We’re so similar sometimes (I just whine a whole lot more) yet so different.
.
Our lives has been slowly moving towards different directions that sometimes I’m not sure if our destiny will meet again or if it will continue in this direction. I guess this is one of those things where only time will tell.
.
For now, I'm just glad that she's found her happiness. And if he ever hurts her I will break that bugger in half.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, Es. That's beautiful! Not a lot of things bring me to tears but this did! ;'D So you'd better be at the wedding! hahaha....labs you Es...forever and ever...amen :) "when you need a friend, that you can depend..."