Friday, October 13, 2006

Pareskevidekatriaphobia

Try saying that 10 times.
.
Why? Just to see if you're a dumbass like me who has nothing better to do with her time that's why.
.
So what is "
Pareskevidekatriaphobia"? It's actually the fear of friday the thirteenth. Derived from the fear of the number thirteen itself. And since today is friday the thirteenth I thought I should mention something about it. Click on the link just so you learn something new today.
.
So if you're a superstitious fella then you might want to consider staying home today. I for one plan to stay home tonight, not because I'm a superstitious person but because I don't really have anything better to do. What I have is work. I know, pathetic! I swore I wouldn't take home any work, not if I work for that hairy ass bastard but old habits die hard.
.
Anyway, that isn't the point of this post. The point is I decided to take the afternoon off yesterday afternoon just cause I got tired of seeing the ugly face (which looks like the devils hairy ass!) of my boss. (Wait, I have to puke!)
.
Ok, so I watched the movie of Kevin Costner and Ashton Kuthcher called "The Guardian" about the US coast guard rescue swimmers. It's a bit cliched actually but I liked it. The only part that sucked was when one of them died. Wha? Huh? What the?! Yes, you twit I gave away the ending. Well, not really. You still have to guess which one of them actually dies. So I didn't really give it away.
.
I like watching Discovery channel and once watched a documentary on the deadliest jobs on earth. They featured the crab fishermen of the Bering Sea and how they put their lives on the line just to make a living. Watching "The Guardian" focuses on the people who makes the rescue and nothing much about the fishermen but just seeing the Bering Sea makes the danger and the risks a bit more realistic.
.
So if you're crab fisherman out on the Bering Sea on friday the thirteenth, I seriously would not want to be you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since you posted. Hope that work atmosphere has let up a bit. =)