Monday, November 20, 2006

Bond. James Bond.

I saw the new movie of James Bond over the weekend. Although a lot of people were making a big deal out of the casting of Daniel Craig as the new James Bond, I agree with Ms. Travelocity that "Bond never seemed so hot being so cold!" Another thing, I think that the time has come for Pierce Brosnan to move on. Squeezing another James Bond movie from Mr. Brosnan just might make me gag from too much cheesiness.

I read that apparently, the new James Bond star is sick and tired of being offered a martini everytime he walks in to a bar. He's also fed up of fans asking him if he prefers it "shaken or stirred". (His drink of course!! Get your mind out of the gutter) He says, " I want to chin people who ask me that." Haha And to think he got a lot of crap from people who thought he couldn't hack it. He even got a lot of hate mail from die hard James Bond fans. Hello?? Get a life people! The man may not be Sean Connery but it still is just a movie. Worth $40 million dollars yes, but still just a movie. The world does not revolve around James Bond. (Hey! Sounds like a good title for his next film!!)

So yes, I decided to see for myself what the fuss was about and
to be honest I thought that the film was great! Not perfect but still I was pleasantly surprised! Daniel Craig pulled it off plus more. He did a really good job making it look real. He was actually oozing with bad boy sex appeal. Goodness, whatta body! Pierce Brosnan did a great job, but I feel that it was time to move on so don't get me wrong. Apparently so did the producers or so did he since Daniel Craig is now the new Bond. James Bond.

It's definitely worth watching. Just ignore the spider-man stunts and you've got yourself a winner. And for those who will get confused with the end, then just think harder or ask a friend. For a short moment there, I had to use my brain to understand why Vesper (Bond Girl) did what she did.


Bloopers (But who cares right??)

  • Daniel Craig’s white fire-proof suit is visible in a scene in which he climbs into a burst fuel tanker

  • 007 uses a nail gun to kill one of the villains the final battle, but guns can be fired only when they are pressed up against a hard surface

  • Vesper’s chest fails to rise during mouth-to-mouth resuscitation

  • Source: moviemistakes.com

    So I did my reserch on Daniel Craig and he had this to say regarding the bruhaha surrounding his role for James Bond:

    "I was affected by it - of course I was. What bothered me was that I was being criticized before I had done the work. I wasn't going to get into an argument with these people, so my only response was, 'See the movie and then you have the right to criticize, but first see what I am trying to do.' It strengthened my resolve. I was hurt by it, but it just made me try harder. The pressure was there. I know a lot of people feel very passionate about the Bond movies, but so do I, so I just got on with it. What I tried to achieve was just making a movie people will want to go and see, and I think we have made a great movie. One of the things I was criticized for was that I looked like a bad guy, but I was happy with that because I think true good guys have to step into the dark side to do their job. I wanted people to question Bond's morals and his judgment."

    2 comments:

    Lost said...

    ehh, whatevah!

    Anonymous said...

    I am sorry hun I personally can't stand James Bond.